Tuesday, May 27

My Crazy, Busy Spring!

My life has been a whirlwind lately!  It's been such a crazy, busy spring around here that I've barely had time to think!

My longarm finally came!  Actually, she's been here for over a month and I can't believe I haven't even blogged about it!

While we waited for my longarm to GET HERE, I had lots of work to do to get my new sewing room ready!  My husband has been finishing a few rooms in our basement, and he got busy getting mine finished.

He's done all the work in our entire basement other than the framing, which was already finished when we moved in.  The wiring, sheetrocking, taping, texturing, building the closets, and putting up doors and trim have all been his own work.  I'm so proud of him because he's so talented and has done a really great job!  It's really nice to have a handy guy around!

He designed and built my closet, plus two more down in the basement for our older daughters' rooms.

After he's finished with his work down there, the deal was that I would do all the painting!  I really don't know how or why I agreed to that, but I guess it's only fair, right?

Painting closets is horrible, tedious, agonizing work, let me just say!  The last time we finished a basement (we moved from that house 3 months after we got it all finished.  Sad!), my husband did all the painting, because I was pregnant and he didn't feel like I should be around all the paint fumes.  So, I got spoiled!  This time, no chance!  We I painted the closet a bright white, and I decided to paint my sewing room Behr Pearl Grey.

Sorry for the bad phone pics!  Ugh!

It turned out to be a really nice purpley-grey color.  I was a little scared after the first coat, so I mixed in about 2 cups of white to the gallon, which now I wish I hadn't done.  I'm just a little scared of color on the wall!  Silly me.  I still really like the color, which the photo above doesn't do any kind of justice to!  I'll get some better pictures and get them up here soon!

I got my sewing room finished just in time for my machine to arrive!

She came in these crates, and actually one got lost in transit somewhere, which was agonizing to have to wait longer than I expected I'd have to, and not know when exactly it was going to show up!  After the truck finally came, the poor driver almost dropped the big box off the liftgate!  I had to swallow my heart, to say the least!

I had to wait a couple of more days before my husband could help me put it together...well, before he could put it together.  I helped a little bit, mostly holding things up and running to get things that he needed.

We worked that Friday night until about 11, got up and started at it again at 10 am Saturday, and I finally had a quilt on by 10:00 that night!  A marathon, but we did it!

My machine is an 18" Innova with a 12 foot table.  It BARELY fits in the room, with just a little bit of space on the side by the closet for me to walk around to get to the back of the table.

These last few weeks I've been squaring up my leaders, doodling around a little bit, going to HMQS, and spending three days in longarm training with my dealer!

I have more to post on all that!

How has your spring been?

1 comment:

carolegoldquilts said...

Congratulations!!! It is so exciting to set up and get quilting. What a beautiful space in your home, too.